Enlarge / Bulk black licorice candy. (credit: Getty | Andia) Because 2020 hasn’t provided enough extraordinary ways to die, the universe offers a grim reminder that eating too much licorice candy can be deadly. A 54-year-old construction worker died in Massachusetts recently after eating an excessive amount of black licorice—which naturally contains a toxin called glycyrrhizin, aka glycyrrhizic acid. Doctors published a case study of his poisoning in the New England Journal of Medicine this…
External feed Read More at the Source: https://arstechnica.com/?p=1709881
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.